Online Backups – Windows, Mac, Linux or Solaris
Our online backup system is set by default to backup the files we tell it to, with retention going like this:
New versions of files are checked every 15 minutes.
Additional versions are kept:
- Every 15 minutes for the last week*
- Every day for the last 90 days
- Every week for the last year
- Every month for the life of the account
On-site Backups – Windows only
Our on-site backup system, Shadowprotect, by default backs up the entire system every hour during business hours.
Backups are consolidated and are kept according to this schedule:
- Hourly backups are kept for at least two days
- Daily backups are kept for at least 7 days
- Weekly backups are kept for at least 30 days
- Monthly backups are kept for at least 12 months
In both cases these defaults can be adjusted to suit your data. It is possible to replicate the On-site backup system to an off-site location for disaster recovery purposes.
* In the case of database applications like medical software, the database is usually backed up overnight. Changes to the database made during the day are NOT included in the online backups. They are usually included in the Shadowprotect backups. Talk to us for more information.